Minutes are available – but here’s a few highlights (make sure to check official minutes for full info):
- Fundraising and finances:
- Ann reported that there was a very large Scrip order placed – thank you to the purchaser of those gift cards! For the (impressive) exact amounts, check out the minutes!
- Box tops have already raised $800 this year! The group discussed plans for end-of-year incentive for box tops. Sarah is exploring the option of the winning class selecting an animal to adopt through the Zoo’s Adopt-an-Animal program.
- Fall book fair was a fantastic success – a huge thank you to Chair Caryn and all who volunteered to help make it happen! As of the meeting, $7217 in sales were already completed – and the final day brought in some additional sales.
- An email to volunteers after the meeting confirmed – the total raised was over $8000, meaning around $4000 Scholastic dollars for our Eagles! Over $1000 of those Scholastic dollars went right to classrooms when the fair closed on Friday!
- If you didn’t make it in for the fall fair, hopefully you can squeeze in a trip to the spring fair (likely April 4-12) – it is neat to see the new ‘breakout’ space/hall all set up with the books on display!
- One School, One World is the theme for this years’ curriculum enrichment. PTA will support bringing an African dance group to school, as well as potentially providing some games and books.
- Spelling Bee is scheduled for Dec 18 from 2-3:30 in the cafetorium
- MacCarnival is scheduled for Feb 22 (6-8:30pm) and prep has begun! Erin and Kari would welcome anyone interested in shadowing them as chairs, since they will only have MacArthur children for a couple of years. If you think you might be interested in coordinating in the future, this is a great opportunity to learn the ropes! There are chairs and volunteers that handle each area – but overall chairs coordinate everyone to ensure success – so there is a lot to learn! If you are interested, reach out to Erin or Kari!
- The discussion on an annual initiatives continued…
- Water-bottle filling stations were determined to be quite pricey and teachers indicated that students were doing fine with the bubblers currently in place
- K-3 teachers (with rooms ‘untouched’ by all the renovations) identified some wishlist items including chairs and shelving – this option will be pursued for now!
Yearbook: Although not discussed at the meeting, your yearbook chairs for this year (Abi, Becca, and Mary) are still looking for a few slots to be filled for Classroom photo collectors! If you already plan to volunteer on field trips or in your child’s classroom, please consider helping ensure all classrooms have photos for the yearbook! And if you aren’t able to volunteer, but would be willing to reach out to other parents in your child’s room to help gather photos – that works too! Basically, you help gather and upload pictures to a dropbox. Easy-peasy.
Rooms that still need helpers are:
- Kindergarten: Cramer, Schrack and Schwarten
- 2nd grade: Collins and Doedens
- 4th grade: Brewer
- 5th grade: ALL classes!