Until our minutes are published and available – here’s a quick review of what was discussed:
- Fundraising and finances:
- While not primarily a fund-raiser, the Pizza Party raised just shy of $500 for us! Plus, it was fantastic fun – the kickball tournament got pretty exciting.
- Our first restaurant fundraiser (at Roberts) was a great success – one of their biggest, per Roberts!
- Next restaurant fundraiser will be: November 13 & 14 “Dough-raiser” at Uno Pizzeria. You’ll need to bring in/show the flyer in order for MacArthur to get the funds – so keep it handy!
- Questions came up about the new “Code Codes” fundraising with Amanda Holly – any Coke product (including Dasani, for example) would be valid source for a code! Just send ’em her way
- Fall book fair approaches – Nov 5-9! Already a lot of volunteers but still a few more times needing help. Check out the sign-up to see if you’re able to assist!
- Flyers should have come home with your child(ren) already
- Timing coincides with Grandparent’s Bingo Night this year and there are book fair evening hours that night (November 2 from 6-7:30)
- New Yearbook Chairs have stepped up to the plate! BIG THANKS to the new volunteers, more details will be coming about where you can share your pictures throughout the year!
- Much discussion about potential initiatives for this year – it is always good to fund-raise with a goal in mind, so we are working as an organization to define our major initiative. Some of the ideas under discussion:
- Water-bottle filling stations (we’ll be finding out how much those might cost)
- Wish-list fulfillment for those classrooms left ‘untouched’ by all the renovations (we’re starting with gathering wish-list items to explore this option)
- Nature Center/Area somewhere on the school grounds
- If you have ideas, plan to come next meeting or share your ideas with someone who will be there!! Next meeting we will hope to nail down our initiative.
- And a highlight… the entire PTA group in attendance got a sneak peak at the new parking lot/drop off area under construction! Mr. Williams explained the plans for drop off and we saw firsthand how nice it will be when it’s all finished!
Finally, you might have seen an email about this, but as a reminder: Fall Conferences are coming up! If you can, sign-up to contribute something to help show our teachers our appreciation during that week!